Friday, November 4, 2011

I Don't Need Pink

October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Pink Ribbons everywhere.....   
Pots and Pans 
Rubber Spatulas
Pajamas
Socks
Luggage
Purses
Jewelry
Did anything NOT have pink?

It has been 11 months since my Breast Cancer diagnosis,
and 9 months since Surgery.
I have not needed Pink or Ribbons to remind me.

I am reminded every morning when I get dressed.
I am reminded whenever I try to reach a high shelf.
I am reminded each time I look in the mirror.
I am reminded when I pull weeds or clean the floors.
I am reminded when I try to exercise.
I am reminded when it is time to do the ironing.
I am reminded each time I get into and out of the car.
I am reminded at bedtime when I have to  "rotisserie" all night long to get comfortable.
I am reminded when I need help carrying my Scripture Bag on Sundays.
I am reminded at the Airport when I need to wear a compression arm sleeve and my prosthesis sends a "red flag" to the Security Screener.

Although I still need Love and Hugs   -



I do not need "Pink Ribbons" to Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment